- What can I expect when I arrive at The Range? We can’t wait to welcome you to The Range so we’ll be here when you arrive – just stop into the the Office/General Store when you drive in the Range’s entrance. We’ll have a chat and show you where your trailer or site is, while pointing out all the amenities along the way (like the restaurant, bathhouse, fire pit, playground and more). Once you’re settled in, we’d love to hang out, share a drink, hear about your travels and get to know you. Or if you’re after some peace and quiet, that’s here too.
- What is your Cancellation policy? We appreciate as much notice as you can give us when your plans change. If you need to change your reservation and your arrival date is within 10 days, you will be subject to a fee equivalent to one night’s rate plus tax.
If you need to cancel your reservation, we ask you notify us at least 10 days prior to your arrival date to receive a full refund. Cancellations made less than 10 days (but more than 48 hours) prior to arrival date are subject to a fee equivalent to one night’s rate plus tax. Cancellations made less than 48 hours before your stay will not be refunded.
If you are cancelling your reservation due to a severe weather warning, you will be charged for your stay and issued a gift certificate to stay with us at a later date.
There are no credits or refunds for early departures or no shows.
- What are your Check in/out times? Check in is from 2pm to 6pm daily for rental trailers, and 1pm to 6pm for open sites. Check out time is 11am for all sites.
- I’ll be a late arrival, what do I do? Please let us know beforehand if you won’t be arriving within our check in hours. Or if something happens on the day of your arrival and you’re running late, give us a call and we’ll work it out!
- Is The Range family friendly? Short answer, yes! Long answer: Some of our rental trailers are not appropriate for children under 12, and others are. That information is listed on each trailer’s page. If you’re bringing your own trailer, we would love to host you and your kids. And there’s plenty of activities to keep guests of all ages entertained, including a playground, hiking trails, board and lawn games, and more.
- What is the toilet and shower situation? Each rental trailer is fitted out with a bathroom and we also offer a Bathhouse for all guests’ use which has hot showers, flushing toilets and sinks. Additionally, the barn and shop also have toilets.
- Can I do laundry during my stay at The Range? Definitely – our Bathhouse has laundry facilities for all guests’ use. The first wash is free! Laundry powder is provided.
- Are pets allowed at The Range? We are happy to welcome pets at the resort – we even have a dog park area – but pets are not allowed in our rental trailers, sorry. If you are bringing your own trailer and have pets, we ask you to please let us know when booking. Be sure to read our Terms and Conditions for all the usual rules. Owners must pick up after their pets all around the property and especially at your site. There may be a fee if you do not clean up. Other guests will appreciate it!
- What do I need to know if I’m bringing my own trailer? This page has a lot of information. We can accommodate Airstreams and vintage trailers up to 32′ long. We have 30 amp and 50 amp hook ups. If you have additional questions, let us know!
- What do you mean by ‘vintage trailer’? Are modern trailers allowed at The Range? We welcome Airstream trailers of any age and other camper trailers that are 25+ years old and are one of the following brands/models: Aero Flite, Airfloat, Argosy, Avion, Boler, Boles Aero, Bowlus, Curtis Wright, Empire, Fan, Fleetwing, Hanson, Holly, Holiday House, Howard, Ideal, Jewel, Kenskill, King, Kozy Coach, Layton, Liberty, Lighthouse, Lintzcraft, Little Caesar, Lutes, Mallard, Mercury, Metzendorf, Norris, Oasis, Rainbow, Scamp, Serro Scotty, Vintage Shasta, Silver Streak, Spartan, Streamline, Vintage Terry, and Westcraft. Sorry, modern trailers are not welcome (other than Airstreams).
- Do you offer food? Yes, our restaurant serves lunch every day and dinner Friday and Saturday for purchase. Our store offers coffee, tea and treats for purchase. Plus we’re not far from local dining options.
- What are my cooking options at The Range? Each trailer site has its own fire BBQ grill for a traditional over-the-fire cooking experience. There are no working stoves inside the trailers, but each does have a microwave and small fridge plus basic cooking and dining supplies.
- Should I bring food? You certainly can! As mentioned just above, you can cook at your trailer site and store food in the small fridge. There is also a grocery store not far away, plus our store which sells a few bits and pieces.
- Is smoking allowed? Smoking is not allowed in rental trailers or in communal buildings. There is a fee for smoking in the rental trailers. To keep our beautiful land beautiful, please properly dispose of your cigarette butts when smoking outside.
- Are fires allowed? Yes, unless there are fire ban rules in place. Each site has a fire BBQ grill and there’s a communal fire pit too.
- Is tent camping allowed? No sorry, tent and car camping are not allowed.
- Where can I park my car? Each site has space for one car to park off the road.
- What should I bring for my stay at The Range? We recommend sunscreen, mosquito repellant, flashlight, food items if you want to cook. Depending on the time of year, we recommend bringing layers of clothing. Remember this is a natural environment so insects and animals can be present – so closed toe shoes are a good idea.
- I’m interested in hosting an event – where can I find more info? Great! We love nothing more than welcoming groups and special events to The Range. We can help organize something special for Groups, Weddings, Corporate Events and Private Events.
- Do you offer gift vouchers? We do! Send us an email inquiry to email@example.com and we’ll get one sorted for you.
- What facilities are wheelchair accessible? The barn is accessible, including the restaurant space, covered porch and two bathrooms. Due to the nature of our rental trailers, they are unfortunately not accessible.
- Is there cell phone service? Cell service may be limited, especially if you’re not with AT&T. But there is plenty of wifi.
- What airports are closest to The Range? Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport is about a 55 minute drive from The Range. Dallas Love Field Airport is about 45 minutes away. Additionally, there’s Fort Worth Meacham International Airport (1 hour 15 minutes), Waco Regional Airport (1 hour 40 minutes), and Tyler Pounds Regional Airport (1 hour 50 minutes).
- Are you open all year round or only seasonally? We are open all year round!