Skip to content
Frequently Asked Questions
- What can I expect when I arrive at The Range? We can’t wait to welcome you to The Range so we’ll be here when you arrive – just stop into the the Office/Store when you drive in The Range’s entrance. We’ll have a chat and lead you to your trailer or site. Please be sure to fill out the check-in form – it will be texted to you the morning of your arrival. Once you’re settled in, we’d love to hang out, share a drink, hear about your travels and get to know you. Or if you’re after some peace and quiet, that’s here too.
- What are your Check in/out times? Check in is from 3pm to 6pm for rental trailers, and 1pm to 6pm for open sites. Check out time is 4pm for rental trailers, and 11am for open sites (if there is no booking after you, please don’t rush – we’ll let you know).
- I’ll be a late arrival, what do I do? Please let us know beforehand if you won’t be arriving within our check in hours. Or if something happens on the day of your arrival and you’re running late, give us a call!
- Am I out in nature at The Range? Yes! The Range is on 30 acres of beautiful natural land. While we have included modern amenities (like roads, Wifi and renovated trailers), please remember while you are here that you are in nature! That means there could be insects, spiders, snakes and other animals around. You might even hear shooting noises in the distance – you are in the country! It is a safe environment when we are all aware and respectful of our surroundings and the living things that may be nearby.
- What should I bring for my stay at The Range? We recommend sunscreen, reusable water bottle, bug repellant, flashlight, reusable bag, and food items if you want to cook. Depending on the time of year, we recommend bringing layers of clothing. Remember this is a natural environment and insects and animals can be present – so closed toe shoes are a good idea. This blog post has a detailed list of what we provide and what we suggest you bring.
- Is The Range family friendly? Absolutely, we would love to host you and your kids! There’s plenty of activities to keep guests of all ages entertained, including a pool, playground, hiking trails, board and lawn games, fishing and more. Please note: some of our rental trailers are not appropriate for children under 12, and others are; that information is listed on each trailer’s page.
- Can I come and tour The Range? Sorry, no. Our guests’ privacy and comfort is most important. We have had up to 20 people a day stop in wanting to look around, which obviously doesn’t make it very peaceful and private for our guests! So we have a ‘no tours’ policy. But we have done video tour of The Range which you can view here.
- Is your store open? Yes, it is! Guests are welcome to come in anytime. You can also browse everything on our online shop.
- Is the restaurant/bar open? Yes! Our restaurant is offering snacks that can be delivered to your site. Additionally, we are excited to introduce our special Saturday dinners with Chef Lucy! Cooking over our 7-foot fire pit grill, Chef Lucy serves up delicious, locally sourced Wagyu steak, chicken, grilled veggies and a burger or hot dog for kids. More info about the Saturday dinner can be found on this page.
Our Airstream bar is open with a selection of wine, Texas beers, hard seltzers, cocktails and non-alcoholic beverages for sale. You can order at the bar and enjoy your drinks on the covered patio, or we’ll deliver to your site.
- What is the toilet and shower situation? Each vintage trailer is fitted out with a bathroom and we also offer a Bathhouse for all guests’ use which has hot showers, flushing toilets and sinks. Additionally, the barn and shop also have toilets.
- Are pets allowed at The Range? We are happy to welcome pets at the resort! We are super pet friendly and would love to meet your animal companions, but pets are not allowed in our rental trailers, sorry. If you are bringing your own trailer and have pets, we ask you to please let us know when booking. Be sure to read our Terms and Conditions for all the usual rules. Owners must pick up after their pets all around the property and especially at your site. There may be a fee if you do not clean up. Other guests will appreciate it!
- What do I need to know if I’m bringing my own trailer? This page has a lot of information. We can accommodate Airstreams and vintage trailers up to 32′ long. We have 30 amp and 50 amp hook ups. If you have additional questions, let us know!
- I have a newer Airstream, not a vintage one. Can I still come stay? Yes! We welcome Airstreams of all ages, makes and models. The Airstreams that live at The Range are from 1967 all the way up to 2016 so no matter how young or old your Airstream is, it’ll fit in nicely.
- What do you mean by ‘vintage trailer’? Are modern trailers allowed at The Range? We welcome Airstream trailers of any age and other camper trailers that are 25+ years old and are one of the following brands/models: Aero Flite, Airfloat, Argosy, Avion, Boler, Boles Aero, Bowlus, Curtis Wright, Empire, Fan, Fleetwing, Hanson, Holly, Holiday House, Howard, Ideal, Jewel, Kenskill, King, Kozy Coach, Layton, Liberty, Lighthouse, Lintzcraft, Little Caesar, Lutes, Mallard, Mercury, Metzendorf, Norris, Oasis, Rainbow, Scamp, Serro Scotty, Vintage Shasta, Silver Streak, Spartan, Streamline, Vintage Terry, and Westcraft. Sorry, modern trailers are not welcome (other than Airstreams).
- Do you offer food? Yes! Our restaurant has snacks available every day and we do a wonderful Saturday dinner, and our bar is open. Plus we’re not far from local dining options. Check out this blog post for a bit more information.
- What are my cooking options at The Range? Each trailer has its own Weber charcoal BBQ grill for a traditional over-the-fire cooking experience (mesquite charcoal and grill utensils are provided). There are no working stoves inside the trailers, but each does have a microwave and small fridge plus basic dining supplies.
- Should I bring food with me? You certainly can! As mentioned just above, you can cook at your trailer site and store food in the small fridge. There is also a grocery store not far away.
- Do you sell bags of ice? Yes we do sell bags of ice. The Bristol General Store (about 5 minutes away) also sells bags of ice.
- Is fishing available at The Range? Yes! Our ponds are stocked with bass and trout. You do not need a fishing license. We sell fishing poles in our store for $30 which come with hooks and lures. We do not supply bait; the closest place to buy bait and other fishing supplies is probably Walmart in Ennis (about 20 minutes away). At The Range, bass are catch and release.
- Is smoking allowed? Smoking is not allowed in rental trailers or in communal buildings. There is a fee for smoking in the rental trailers. To keep our beautiful land beautiful, please properly dispose of your cigarette butts when smoking outside.
- Are fires allowed? Open campfires are not allowed, we just don’t get enough rain out here unfortunately. But each vintage trailer has a Weber charcoal grill and a propane fire pit. If you love the sound of wood crackling in a fire, come join us at the huge fire pit at the barn – we light it Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. We do not supply fire pits or grills at open sites, based on feedback that those bringing their own trailer usually prefer to bring and use their own grills. If you’re at an open site and would like to use one of our propane fire pits, that can be arranged for a small fee.
- Is tent camping allowed? No sorry, tent and car camping are not allowed.
- Can I do laundry during my stay at The Range? Definitely – our Bathhouse has laundry facilities for all guests’ use. The first wash is free! Laundry powder is provided.
- Where can I park my car? Each site has space for one car to park off the road.
- I’m interested in hosting an event – where can I find more info? Great! We love nothing more than welcoming groups and special events to The Range. We can help organize something special for Groups, Weddings, Corporate Events and Private Events.
- Do you offer gift vouchers? We do! Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get one sorted for you.
- What is your Cancellation policy? We appreciate as much notice as you can give us when your plans change. If you need to change your reservation and your arrival date is within 10 days, you will be subject to a fee equivalent to one night’s rate plus tax. If you need to cancel your reservation, we ask you notify us at least 10 days prior to your arrival date to receive a full refund (trailer rentals subject to a $20 credit card fee). Cancellations made less than 10 days (but more than 48 hours) prior to arrival date are subject to a fee equivalent to one night’s rate plus tax. Cancellations made less than 48 hours before your stay will not be refunded.
If you are cancelling your reservation due to a severe weather warning, you will be charged for your stay and issued a gift certificate to stay with us at a later date.
There are no credits or refunds for early departures or no shows.
- What facilities are wheelchair accessible? The barn is accessible, including the restaurant space, covered porch and bathroom. Due to the nature of our rental trailers, they are unfortunately not accessible.
- Is there cell phone service? Cell service may be limited, especially if you’re not with AT&T. But there is plenty of wifi.
- What airports are closest to The Range? Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport is about a 55 minute drive from The Range. Dallas Love Field Airport is about 45 minutes away. Additionally, there’s Fort Worth Meacham International Airport (1 hour 15 minutes), Waco Regional Airport (1 hour 40 minutes), and Tyler Pounds Regional Airport (1 hour 50 minutes).
- Are you open all year round or only seasonally? We are open all year round!