Skip to content
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I park my car? Each site has space for one car. Please leave your car in your site’s driveway during your stay. Parking at the barn, pool, etc is not allowed. No parking on grass is allowed.
- Are you open all year round or only seasonally? We are open all year round! Our booking calendar is open 120 days out, meaning we accept bookings up to 120 days in advance.
- What can I expect when I arrive at The Range? We can’t wait to welcome you to The Range – just stop into the Store when you drive in. Please bring your drivers license and credit card in with you. We’ll then guide you to your trailer or site for you to begin your stay!
- What are your check in/check out times? Check in is from 3pm to 6pm for trailer rentals and open sites. Please let us know if you won’t be arriving within our check in hours. Check out is 11am for trailer rentals and open sites.
- Do I need to check in and check out? Yes please! To check in, before you arrive please fill out the check-in form – it will be texted to you the morning of your arrival. Please also stop in to our Store when you arrive and bring in your drivers license and credit card.
To check out, please come to the Store when you are ready to leave. All purchases placed on your reservation will be reviewed and closed out. For guests who do not check out, a gratuity of 20% will be added.
- Am I out in nature at The Range? Yes! The Range is on 30 acres of beautiful natural land. While we have included modern amenities, please remember while you are here that you are in nature! That means there could be insects, spiders, snakes and other animals around. You might even hear shooting noises in the distance – you are in the country! It is a safe environment when we are all aware and respectful of our surroundings and the living things that may be nearby.
- What should I bring for my stay at The Range? We recommend sunscreen, reusable water bottle, bug repellant, flashlight, reusable bag, and food items if you want to cook. Depending on the time of year, we recommend bringing layers of clothing. Remember this is a natural environment and insects and animals can be present – so closed toe shoes are a good idea. This blog post has a detailed list of what we provide and what we suggest you bring.
- Is The Range family friendly? Absolutely, we would love to host you and your kids! There’s plenty of activities to keep guests of all ages entertained, including a pool, hiking trails, board and lawn games, fishing and more. Please note: some of our rental trailers are not appropriate for children under 12, and others are; that information is listed on each trailer’s page. Children must be supervised at all times.
- Can I come and tour The Range? Our apologies, no. Our guests’ privacy and comfort is most important. We have had up to 20 people a day stop in wanting to look around, which obviously doesn’t make it very peaceful and private for our guests! So we have a ‘no tours’ policy. But we have done video tour of The Range which you can view here.
- Is your store open? Yes, it is! Guests are welcome to come in anytime.
- Is the restaurant/bar open? Yes! Executive Chef Keith Browning serves up a wonderful Saturday dinner in our restaurant every weekend. More info about the Saturday dinner can be found on this page.
Our Airstream bar is open every weekend with a selection of wine, Texas beers, hard seltzers, cocktails and non-alcoholic beverages for sale. You can order at the bar and enjoy your drinks on the covered patio, or we’ll deliver to your site. Please note outside food and beverages are not allowed in public areas due to health and TABC codes.
- What is the toilet and shower situation? Each vintage trailer has its own full bathroom and we also offer a bathhouse for all guests’ use which has large showers, toilets and sinks. Additionally, the barn and shop also have restrooms.
- Are pets allowed at The Range? We are happy to welcome pets at the resort! We are super pet friendly and would love to meet your animal companions, but pets are not allowed in our rental trailers, sorry. If you are bringing your own trailer and have pets, we ask you to please let us know when booking. Be sure to read our Terms and Conditions for all the usual rules. Owners must pick up after their pets all around the property and especially at your site. There may be a fee if you do not clean up. The following guests will appreciate it!
- What do I need to know if I’m bringing my own trailer? This page has a lot of information. We can accommodate Airstreams and vintage trailers up to 32′ long. We have 30 amp and 50 amp hook ups. If you have additional questions, let us know!
- I have a newer Airstream, not a vintage one. Can I still come stay? Yes! We welcome Airstreams of all ages, makes and models.
- What do you mean by ‘vintage trailer’? Are modern trailers allowed at The Range? We welcome Airstream trailers of any age and other camper trailers that are 25+ years old and are one of the following brands/models: Aero Flite, Airfloat, Argosy, Avion, Boler, Boles Aero, Bowlus, Curtis Wright, Empire, Fan, Fleetwing, Hanson, Holly, Holiday House, Howard, Ideal, Jewel, Kenskill, King, Kozy Coach, Layton, Liberty, Lighthouse, Lintzcraft, Little Caesar, Lutes, Mallard, Mercury, Metzendorf, Norris, Oasis, Rainbow, Scamp, Serro Scotty, Vintage Shasta, Silver Streak, Spartan, Streamline, Vintage Terry, and Westcraft. Sorry, modern trailers are not welcome (other than Airstreams).
- What are my cooking options at The Range? Each trailer has its own Weber charcoal BBQ grill for a traditional over-the-fire cooking experience (mesquite charcoal and grill utensils are provided). There are no working stoves inside the trailers, but each does have a microwave and small fridge plus basic dining supplies. Our open sites do not have grills, based on feedback that those bringing their own trailer usually prefer to bring and use their own grills. Please note outside food and beverages are allowed at your site only, not in public areas due to health and TABC codes.
- Should I bring food with me? You certainly can! As mentioned just above, you can cook at your trailer site and store food in the small fridge. There is also a grocery store not far away.
- Do you sell bags of ice? Yes we do sell bags of ice.
- Is fishing available at The Range? Yes! Our ponds are stocked with bass and other breeds of fish for catch and release. You do not need a fishing license. We sell fishing poles in our store.
- Is smoking allowed? Smoking is not allowed in rental trailers or in communal buildings. There is a fee for smoking in the rental trailers. Please properly dispose of your cigarette butts when smoking outside.
- Are fires allowed? Open campfires are not allowed, we just don’t get enough rain out here unfortunately. But each vintage trailer has a Weber charcoal grill and a propane fire pit. If you love the sound of wood crackling in a fire, come join us at the huge fire pit at the barn – we light it Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. We do not supply fire pits or grills at open sites, based on feedback that those bringing their own trailer usually prefer to bring and use their own. If you’re at an open site and would like to use one of our propane fire pits, that can be arranged for a small fee with limited supply.
- Is tent camping allowed? No sorry, tent and car camping are not allowed.
- Can I do laundry during my stay at The Range? Definitely – our Bathhouse has complimentary laundry facilities for all guests’ use.
- Do you offer gift certificates? We do! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would love to mail you or the gift recipient a gift certificate. We can also email it to you if you’re needing a quick gift.
- What facilities are wheelchair accessible? The barn is accessible, including the restaurant space, covered porch and bathroom. Due to the nature of our rental trailers, they are unfortunately not accessible.
- Is there cell phone service? Cell service may be limited, especially if you’re not with AT&T. But there is plenty of wifi.
- What airports are closest to The Range? Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport is about a 55 minute drive from The Range. Dallas Love Field Airport is about 45 minutes away.